Position Description – ReStore Assistant Manager
Job Title: ReStore Assistant Manager
Reports to: ReStore Manager.
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Tues – Sat 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Benefits: Life Insurance, PTO, Health Insurance
We are in search of someone with a dynamic personality to join our awesome team! This person is responsible for the overall daily operations and performance of the ReStore assigned. Assisting the Restore Manager with certain administrative and operational goals and functions. This person is committed to reaching sales goals to support Habitat’s mission. Provides leadership, direction and motivation to employees and volunteers. Ensures a positive and rewarding experience for all customers, donors, and volunteers.
The purpose of ReStores is to generate revenue through the sales of donated furniture, building materials, and household items to support Habitat’s mission of bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Through its efforts, the ReStores facilitates recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement items, and increases Habitat’s visibility in our community.
Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
• Minimum of three years’ experience in retail service and at least one year management experience.
• Basic computer and POS skills.
• Ability to lift, move and/or handle merchandise weighing 50 lbs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills while working with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Professional approach and appearance.
• Ability to stand and walk most of the day
• Organized and dependable.
• Must pass a background check and drug test.
• Commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• A personable, outgoing, and self-motivated personality is a must!
• Oversee display and organization of showroom sales areas jointly with manager to ensure all items are neatly displayed and properly priced and ticketed for sale.
• Record and report on donation pickup requests daily.
• Responsible for Daily sales/cash register reconciliation and deposits.
• Ensure store policies and procedures are always followed.
• Promptly processing and pricing donations while also managing pricing and sales of inventory.
• Provide direction for productive use of volunteers and community service workers.
• Personally, or assign assistance with arrival of donations, ensuring a positive donor experience.
• Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact.
• Establish and grow customer and donor relationships.
• Oversee and maintain daily/weekly/monthly task assignments and records.
• Maintain a safe, clean, organized, and neat environment.
• Screen donations to ensure they are sellable.
• Share with customers, volunteers, and donors the Habitat for Humanity’s mission and current work.
• Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
Habitat ReStores are home improvement stores that accept small and large donations of new or gently used furniture, appliances, housewares, building materials and more. Proceeds from the sales of these items help Habitat’s work in your community and around the world.