Overview of Position:
Donor Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to achieve the fund development goals in keeping with established ethical standards, policies, and guidelines. The Donor Relations Manager’s primary responsibility is to identify, cultivate, and maintain individual donors and corporate sponsors. The Donor Relations Manager will also manage fundraising events, assist with grant writing, and other activities directly related to fund development.
1. Aggressively seeks to identify new individual donors and corporate sponsors.
2. Implements a strong donor stewardship plan to maintain and grow relationships with current and past donors.
3. Support organization’s special events by garnering sponsorships, participants,
in-kind donations, etc.; secure corporate sponsorships and in-kind donations to
support girlsinc of Bay County functions at every available opportunity
4. Establishes a positive presence in the community to increase the organization’s visibility.
5. Cultivate community support for girlsinc of Bay County by maintaining contacts with local civic organizations, businesses and individuals to identify qualified donor leads
6. Regularly tracks all donor activity in donor database and ensures that all data is up-to-date.
7. Assists with social media and marketing efforts to promote the Girls Inc. brand for donor cultivation.
8. Participates in establishing fund development policies, procedures, plans, goals, and budgets.
9. Participates in fund development calls, webinars, and other collaborative opportunities with Girls Inc. national office.
1. Represents organization on such committees or boards as requested by the Executive Director; participates in inter-agency collaboration.
2. Assists with the identification and writing of grants as requested by the Executive Director.
3. Assists with the planning and execution of fundraising events as requested by the Executive Director.
4. Stay current with all available market research and advise management on
community issues, donor trends and any other factors that may influence the
effective positioning of girlsinc of Bay County
5. Participate in staff meetings to share ideas and concerns, and work collaboratively with other staff to meet goals and achieve staff performance objectives.
6. Participates in periodic assessment of own performance and develops own goals and objectives.
7. Attends special events as requested by the Executive Director.
8. All other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
2. Nonprofit and/or charitable fundraising experience
3. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Professional level marketing, sales, or public relations background a plus.
4. Must be able to communicate well with groups and individuals.
5. Strong computer skills required including good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Google applications, and experience using fund development/donor management databases. Website management and social media marketing a plus.
6. Experience in granting writing a plus.
7. Must be able to lift and carry at least 25lbs.
8. Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
9. Must pass Level I and Level II criminal background screening.
10. Must pass pre-employment drug test and be able to adhere to agency drug free workplace policies including compliance with random drug testing.
11. Willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
12. Must complete 20 hours of ELC preservice training.
13. CPR and First Aid certification required.
*Salary range approximately $40,000
*No Phone Calls, Please
*Resume and Cover Letter accepted at: [email protected]
Girls Inc. of Bay County is a nonprofit organization with a mission to Empower Girls Ages 6 – 18 to become Strong, Smart and Bold.
In partnership with schools and at Girls Inc. centers, we focus on the development of the whole girl. She learns to value herself, take risks, and discover and develop her inherent strengths. The combination of long-lasting mentoring relationships, a pro-girl environment, and research-based programming equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers, and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Informed by girls and their families, we also advocate for legislation and policies to increase opportunities and rights for all girls.