Starting in August 2021, Gulf Coast State College’s Foundation guarantees a $1,400 per year financial aid award to current Bay, Gulf, and Franklin county high school graduates who initially enroll full-time as first-time-in-college degree or certificate-seeking students at Gulf Coast State College in the same calendar year as graduation.
No application required. The Financial Aid Office automatically awards the GC Guarantee to eligible students who’ve applied for admission, but please contact us if you believe that you are eligible and have not been awarded.
- First-time-in-college student who graduated from a service-district secondary institution, home school, or equivalent in 2021 or later.
- Initial GCSC enrollment must be in the same calendar year as graduation (exceptions may be made on a case by case basis for December graduates)
- Enroll in at least 12.0 credit hours per semester
- Only available in fall and spring semesters
- Must be pursuing a GCSC degree or certificate
- Renewal criteria evaluated yearly following the spring semester
- Must earn a cumulative 2.00 GPA or greater
- Must successfully pass (grade of “D” or better) a full-time course load in the academic year funded (24.0 credit hours)
- Those who fail renewal criteria due to special circumstances may appeal
For more details, please click here: https://www.gulfcoast.edu/tuition-aid/financial-aid/grants-and-scholarships/guarantee/