Location: Panama City Beach, FL
Hours: Typically M–F 0700–1530; hours may vary depending upon requirements
Security Clearance Type: Active Secret Preferred; Eligible for Secret Acceptable
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Innovative Professional Solutions, Inc. (IPS)—a successful defense contractor located in Panama City Beach, Florida—has provided exceptional support to our Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division (NSWC PCD) customers for more than 20 years. We are looking for multiple Senior Training Specialists—preferably with prior U.S. Navy experience—to provide technical support for Department of Navy (DON) training program development and research; conduct training for systems and equipment; update and maintain curriculum; coordinate with third-party vendors to provide training; and, prepare course agendas, instructional media packages, student guides, and instructor guides. This position requires a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Coordinate, develop, maintain, implement, and deliver training curriculum and formal courseware at U.S. Navy schoolhouses located in San Diego, California, and Mayport, Florida.
• Training may include both classroom lectures and simulator-based operational and tactical training.
• Participate in meetings concerning factory courses and formal schoolhouse curriculum development.
• Produce and/or provide input to briefing packages and meeting minutes.
• Ensure preparation of all course agendas, instructional media packages, student guides, and instructor guides.
• Schedule training sessions and provide on-site facility support including set-up, monitoring, and ensuring training systems perform as required to provide the best quality training to the fleet sailor.
• Provide technical expertise and support the development of Personnel Qualification Standards (PQS).
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or other related field, or 10 or more years of recent, relevant experience.
• Eligible to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
• Experience providing training to DON civilian and military personnel.
• Experience developing and maintaining technical curriculum.
• Working knowledge of the formal Navy curriculum development process (NAVEDTRA 130 series).
• Familiarity with the NAVEDTRA 43309-32 (series).
• Highly proficient with the Microsoft suite of tools including: Teams, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• A significant amount of travel is required for this position, sometimes for 2–3 weeks at a time, and sometimes at sea.
Tools and Technology:
• Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM) software
• Content Planning Module (CPM) software
• Naval Systems Engineering Resource Center (NSERC) sites
• Microsoft Teams sites
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Additional government-owned websites
• This work will be conducted at an IPS location and at NSWC PCD, when not traveling to various customer sites. Some work will take place aboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Some tasks may include reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders/stairs, and walking.
• IPS is a Federal Contractor, and an equal opportunity employer, and gives fair consideration to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
• IPS is a drug-free employer.
• Proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required upon employment at IPS.
Innovative Professional Solutions, Inc.
8317 Front Beach Road, Suite 17C
Panama City Beach, FL 32407
850.249.1536 | [email protected]