WPGX-TV in beautiful Panama City, FL is looking for the optimal candidate for the position of Sales Assistant. Candidate should be goal-driven, self-motivated, responsible individual willing to collaborate with the sales support staff to build lasting and profitable client-advertiser campaigns and relationships. The Sales Assistant, in partnership with their Account Executives, helps develop and fully execute strategic marketing initiatives to meet client’s objectives.
This position is designed specifically to insure the success of the client’s campaigns and expands on that relationship from daily communications to conducting strategic planning sessions. The Sales Assistant is the key liaison between the client and the WPGX-TV sales team.
- Solid time management skills with the ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused.
- Expert commitment to ethics, honesty, integrity, confidentiality and credibility.
- Ability to proactively find solutions to problems.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and summarize information.
- Proficiency in the operation of a computer keyboard (30 WPM minimum).
- Ability to work effectively with the internet and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn online systems quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be results-oriented, taking initiative to make things happen, accept accountability and have a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of digital advertising is a bonus.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising or Marketing preferred
Pre-employment drug screen required.