Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children? Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential? Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations? Then Children’s Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children’s Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
We’re seeking a Lead Dependency Case Manager to support our growing needs for child case management services. You’ll become a part of a strategic care team charged with attending to the needs of children placed in care by the Department of Children and Families, with the end goal of finding permanent, stable, safe home environments for children. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional that has a passion for leadership and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
- Conduct child safety assessments.
- Assess client needs and develop service plans, DCF Case plans.
- Coordinate the delivery of services, plan referrals and linkages to clients and families.
- Monitor service plan progress and evaluates reports from multiple service providers. – Develop and maintain case and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (assessments, treatment/service plans, progress notes, termination summaries, etc.) Review the accuracy and completeness of reports of assigned staff.
- Prepares case/status reports and makes recommendations/ testifies at courts or other prescribed body regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
- Conducts diligent searches as required by dependency laws.
- Coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals.
- Conduct community outreach as needed.
- Provide specialized services that may include detainment, interstate compact, post placement supervision, relative/non-relative caregiver home studies, court testimony, termination of parental rights and judicial review staffing.
- Provide support to children, caregivers and family members to secure stable placement and timely achievement of permanency.
- Assist family/caregivers in accessing subsidy, medical coverage and other needed services for children.
- Coordinate cases with supervisor, team members, providers, DCF and attorneys as needed.
- Facilitate placement and independent living.
- Provide guidance and informal mentoring/coaching to assigned staff to include: advising staff of statutory mandates; agency policy and procedure; and programmatic requirements; discussing case issues and providing guidance to help staff develop and make sound case decisions; model and teach good case management practices.
- Schedule and conduct informal supervision sessions with assigned staff.
- Utilize tracking forms, court dockets, reunification staffing schedules, permanency staffing schedule and other information provided to assist staff proactively complete required case activities.
- Assist supervisors in providing training and procedural changes to staff. Serve as acting supervisor in the absence of the supervisor.
- May remove and place children.
- May facilitate mediation staffing for reunification, TPR and detainment. Arrange or provide transportation of clients when needed.
- Arrange for drug/alcohol screens as necessary.
- Provide on call support as required or scheduled.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement process.
- Working knowledge of the dependency case management field Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change A sincere passion for helping others in need YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field Minimum of two years of experience in the delivery of services in a dependency environment Child Protection Certification Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there – we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please visit: https://careers-chsfl.icims.com/jobs/4307/lead-dependency-case-manager/job
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there – we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.