As an Independent Support Coordinator you will support our growing needs for case management services. You’ll assess, secure, coordinate, and monitor satisfaction of services and progress toward outcomes for persons with developmental disabilities. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for advocacy and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Mission driven uplifting work culture
- Great benefits suite
- Generous paid time off including holidays Growth and professional development opportunities Culture for continuous improvement and only being the best!
Annual salary for this position is $30,000
- Evaluate client needs by securing information on medical, psychological and social factors contributing to client’s situation.
- Develop support plans with outcomes and action steps toward achievement.
- Provide case management services for program clients.
- Coordinate linkage of needed services and advocate for client needs.
- Conduct home visits.
- Prepare case notes, reports, statistical reports and other materials.
- Complete invoicing process as assigned by supervisor for specific clients.
- Maintain accurate file documentation.
- Review support plans; perform follow-up to determine quantity and quality of service provided to client and status of client’s case.
- Provide crisis management assistance as necessary.
- Verify client’s eligibility for Medicaid and obtain Medicaid number.
- Submit monthly program billing.
- Participate in quality improvement process.
Working knowledge of the case management field Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change A sincere passion for helping others in need
Bachelor’s degree in Social, Behavioral or Health Sciences Two years of experience working with developmentally disabled children One year of case management experience preferred One year of hands on experience with children from birth to 5 years old preferred Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children’s Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children’s Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there – we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Rachel Arellano at firstname.lastname@example.org.