Provides analytical support for Financial Planning & Analysis activities. Assists in the development, maintenance and reporting of the company’s valuation, financial plans and forecasts working with resorts and leisure business lines and support departments to accomplish goals. Supports St. Joe Clubs & Resorts Operations in project coordination activities.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly Consolidated Forecast – Work with V. Presidents and Department Heads to:
- Determine Cash Flow needs, including development and capital spending. Manage timing of required cash.
- Update monthly statistical assumptions.
- Identify and report any material variances in costs and / or margins.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including explanations of material differences from plan and changes to forecast for management on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the development of 5 Year Annual Budget and Long Range Plan
- Coordinate and assist in planning process.
- Work with department heads to aid in the preparation of annual overheads and staffing needs.
- Update all models annually in preparation of Budget and LRP.
- Prepare and analyze management reports.
- Perform Investment Analysis
- Create models for various investment opportunities.
- Prepare “what if” analyses for different scenarios.
- Analyze investment opportunities.
- Identify and report any material opportunities and /or risks to an investment based on financial performance and review.
- Support Clubs & Resorts Operations in Project Coordination
- Assist with preparing a request for contracts, fee proposals for design professionals, consultants and contractor services.
- Assist with due diligence and research regarding consultants/contractors to fit the needs of a given project. Makes recommendations for consultant selection. Consultants may include land planners, landscape architects, engineers, architects, graphic designers, etc.
- Assist legal with processing of RFCs, contracts and invoices.
- Assist in preparation of Investment Book
- Maintain updated financial summary of each asset based on current market conditions and company strategy
- Monitor activity including comparable sales, internal sales, appraisals, offers
- Maintain updated website of electronic version of Investment Book
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2+ years of financial planning and analysis experience. Experience in a hospitality corporate environment preferred.
- Financial database management experience, especially with Hyperion Essbase, is a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Financial modeling experience preferred
- Extreme proficiency in Excel is required
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate financial planning activities across all business units and support departments.
The St. Joe Company is a Florida – based real estate developer and asset manager. The company owns land concentrated primarily in Northwest Florida and has significant residential and commercial land – use entitlements in hand. The company also owns various commercial, resort and club properties. The St. Joe Company develops resort and residential communities for those who want to live, work, and play near the region’s beautiful white sand beaches. Commercial and industrial developments are bringing economic growth to the region. In addition, the company manages timber operations on thousands of acres and offers certain rural acreage for sale.