Plan, organize, and conduct system surveillance activities to ensure that the shipbuilder’s management control system complies with EVMS guidelines, and provide timely indications of actual and/or potential problems.
Education and Experience:
- Five years progressive experience in supporting project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field or related technical/business field.
- Allowable Substitution for a Bachelor’s Degree will be: Project Management Institute Project Management Professional and Four (4) years’ experience in a project management role.
- EVM certification of the following: Earned Value Management Professional (EVMP), or Earned Value Management Director/Earned Value Management Officer (EVMD/ EVMOTM) Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification preferred.
- Shall require moderate walking and movement through an active shipyard and OPCs under construction
- General knowledge of Shipbuilding processes preferred
- General knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVM) and Earned Value Management Surveillance (EVMS) techniques from the 2011 and 2015 EVMS Standards
- Expertise in project management techniques, industry best-practices and standards
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to organize, plan, conduct, evaluate and administer the EVMS surveillance program over highly complex contractor operations and in effective corrective action on issues involving contractor noncompliance
- Ability to produce EVM reports, briefs, and presentations using the contractors’ provided EVM data to forecast
- Expertise in stand-alone and enterprise versions of MS Project and Primavera scheduling software preferred
- Expertise in schedule analyses and troubleshooting
VectorCSP is a Federal contracting small business based out of North Carolina. We help our nation’s military and government leaders realize the Cost, Schedule, and Performance goals of their organizations through our expert integrated logistics, engineering, training, and strategic program management support. Our employees represent our core values and work hard every day to make a positive difference for our government customers. Through VectorCSP, they are able to continue to support our country’s most important homeland and defense missions.