DESCRIPTION: Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children? Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential? Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations? Then Children’s Home Society of Florida is for you!
We are having an Open House Hiring Event for Dependency Case Manager Trainees (DCMT) and Family Support Workers on December 12 with interviews and on-spot offers to qualified candidates! We are offering $1,500 Sign on Bonuses and $2k relocation bonuses* to qualified DCMTs! Apply to register!
When: Wednesday, December 12th; 10 am – 2 pm (CT)
Where: 700 W 23 St. Bldg. 8 Panama City, FL 32405
WHY JOIN CHS?
Uplifting mission-driven work culture
Growth and professional development opportunities Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays Fully paid DCM certification program including exam and fees!
- You’ll become a part of a strategic care team charged with overseeing the children in need, while addressing the factors that have put them at risk for out-of-home placement. Our end goal? To help create permanent, stable, and safe home environments for all of Florida’s kids.
- Assess child and family needs to create referrals and linkages to services such as subsidy and medical coverage.
- Facilitate removal and placement of children into safe and stable care while also supporting the families and care givers during the process.
- Develop and maintain quality case and program written documentation that reflects client progress and also meets CHS, funders, and DCF requirements.
- Travel to conduct home visits to access children’s living environments and provide recommendations to their families and caregivers in a supportive manner.
- Testify at court by providing client case status reports and recommendations regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
- Build relationships with CHS team members and community partners in order to help facilitate discussions and meetings regarding case needs and recommendations Provide on call support required as scheduled DCMT candidates only: Attend a paid classroom training program, Phase I Child Protection Certification, and upon successful completion, enter Phase II, a hands on supervised field practice that leads to full certification. This on the job training opportunity will allow you to strengthen your skills in case management.
- Strong time management skills and the ability shift priorities to meet outcomes Effective organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change.
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- DCMT Candidates (non-certified):
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services related field
- Must successfully complete:
- The prescribed Child Protection Certification training and examination.
- A considerable period of monitored field practice under close supervision and the associated field case requirement.
- The CHS Dependency Experience Waiver learning path, unless the employee possesses one of the below preferred qualifications.
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire DCM Candidates (certified):
- Possess State of Florida Child Protection Certification Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Two years experience working with at risk children and families
**Sign on Bonus for DCMTs are $750 upon starting and $750 after successfully completing the first year! The $2,000 relocation bonus is only for anyone relocating 150 miles away from Panama City, FL.**
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there – we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.
Company Information: At CHS we believe every child has potential – and we’re building a world where children realize their full potential.