As a Dependency Case Manager (DCM)/Dependency Case Manager Trainee (DCMT) you’ll become a part of a strategic care team charged with overseeing the children in need, while addressing the factors that have put them at risk for out-of-home placement. Our end goal? To help create permanent, stable, and safe home environments for all of Florida’s kids.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays Fully paid DCMT certification program including exam and fees!
- To see if this is the right fit for you, check out this “day in the life” preview of a Dependency Case Manager!
SIGN ON BONUS of $1,500 for DCMTs are being offered & $2,000 Relocation Bonus for Panama City as we rebuild our community together!**
*If you are interested in becoming a DCMT, please visit: https://careers-chsfl.icims.com/jobs/4155/dependency-case-manager-trainee—sign-on-bonus%21/job
- Assess child and family needs to create referrals and linkages to services such as subsidy and medical coverage.
- Facilitate removal and placement of children into safe and stable care while also supporting the families and care givers during the process.
- Develop and maintain quality case and program written documentation that reflects client progress and also meets CHS, funders, and DCF requirements.
- Travel to conduct home visits to access children’s living environments and provide recommendations to their families and caregivers in a supportive manner.
- Testify at court by providing client case status reports and recommendations regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
- Build relationships with CHS team members and community partners in order to help facilitate discussions and meetings regarding case needs and recommendations Provide on call support required as scheduled DCM Trainee candidates only: Attend a paid classroom training program, Phase I Child Protection Certification, and upon successful completion, enter Phase II, a hands on supervised field practice that leads to full certification. This on the job training opportunity will allow you to strengthen your skills in case management.
- Strong time management skills and the ability shift priorities to meet outcomes Effective organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change.
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services related field Must successfully complete:
- The prescribed Child Protection Certification training and examination.
- A considerable period of monitored field practice under close supervision and the associated field case requirement.
- The CHS Dependency Experience Waiver learning path, unless the employee possesses one of the below preferred qualifications.
**Sign on Bonus for DCMTs are $750 upon starting and $750 after successfully completing the first year! The $2,000 relocation bonus is only for anyone relocating 150 miles away from Panama City, FL.**
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there – we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.