Computer Programmer Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
A small, local, government contractor is seeking a self-motivated and dependable individual to join the IPS Team, providing lifecycle software support to sophisticated United States (U.S.) naval software systems. The ideal candidate must be technically oriented, quality-focused, and committed to become expertly familiar with the complexities of U.S. naval software and associated systems. Tasking will include software design, development, and up upgrade activities for existing software. The Computer Programmer Analyst will also develop computer software applications in a variety of coding languages such as C++ and Java in a Windows environment. The range of responsibilities will include but, are not limited to: software development, coordinating software and equipment testing, software integration, software maintenance, software training, establishing software troubleshooting/help desk process, software configuration management, and formulation of software revision updates and sustainment. The developed product must be in accordance with standard U.S. Navy and Government instructions, policies, procedures, and standards. Candidate must be willing to work in a team environment at IPS facilities or in a lab environment at Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division, collaborating on software inputs from team members and customers.
- Creates and modifies computer programs based on project specifications.
- Collaborates with department heads, managers, and other stakeholders to fully understand the tasks that must be accomplished by the software requested.
- Designs, or assists with design of, graphical user interface (GUI).
- Collaborates with systems analyst to obtain and analyze project specifications and flow charts.
- Develops a flow chart of data input and potential problems that could emerge in a given environment; creates contingencies within the program for these possibilities, including error messages or alternate data flows.
- Tests programs; coordinates and observes beta testing of new or updated programs.
- Debugs or corrects any issues discovered during beta testing.
- Issues stable release.
- Analyzes, reviews, and revises programs as needed to increase operating efficiency or adapt program to new requirements.
- Develops and maintains documentation of program development and revisions.
- Provides training to end users.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Limited travel, less than 10% is expected in this position.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of computer programming languages, which may include C, C++, Java, Python, Swift, and others.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to predict potential user and software issues.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to create and track complex code.
- Hands-on experience installing, delivering, and testing software in the field.
- Graphical User Interface programming using JAVA in a Windows environment.
- Experience with configuring MS Office and Adobe applications.
- Experience with Java, Red Hat Linux, and MS Windows 7 and 10.
- Experience with U.S. Navy and Government computer-based systems.
- Knowledge of IT-related areas to include experience and competency with spreadsheets, database management, and help desk support.
- 3 – 7 years of software development experience
Required Education and Experience:
- 1–3 years of software coding experience.
- Minimum requirement is a high school diploma plus experience; a college degree is preferred (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, etc.).
**Full Benefits package includes: dental, health, STD, LTD, Life, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and an excellent work environment!
Company Information: Innovative Professional Solutions, Inc. (IPS), a woman-owned small business, has provided innovative solutions to the mission critical operations of its U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) customers for more than a decade.
We are a consultative team of experts, a solutions-focused business partner, and an advocate for sound organizational practices. Our employees are equipped to deliver timely, accurate, and measurable results. Our customers turn to us time and time again as their single resource for operational excellence.
To learn more about our company visit www.ipsincorporated.com