Job Title: Closing Agent – Watersound Closings & Escrow
Job Summary: Perform residential and commercial real estate closings for full-service title and escrow team at Reliant Title & Closing Services, LLC, a subsidiary of The St. Joe Company.
- Ability to handle the entire real estate closing process including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, research and other conditions.
- Work with internal and external customers to manage all aspects of sale, resale, and financing transactions.
- Complete routine residential and commercial resale, refinance, or builder transactions.
- Review and understand real estate conveyance documents.
- Review title insurance commitments and related documents.
- Collaborate with lenders, real estate agents, lawyers and other company offices on transactional issues encountered on specific transactions.
- Deposit escrow funds, prepare disbursements and balance all escrow related accounts.
- Autonomously resolve issues, including missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Maintain closing files.
- Prepare and review reports for accuracy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of real estate transactional experience with residential and commercial closings preferred.
- Florida Licensed Title Agent for minimum of 5+ years preferred.
- Florida Notary Public required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of the TRID CFPB rules and regulations is required.
- Closer’s Choice or other closing software experience a plus.
- Must have a good understanding of Florida real estate closing procedures.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills with a positive, energetic, flexible and customer service-oriented attitude.
- The ability to proactively address and resolve issues heading into a real estate closing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to read, understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Must be flexible and able to move from task to task.
- Must be comfortable asking for assistance when not able to proceed.
- Ability to operate normal office equipment.
- Extensive use of computer.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment, with occasional travel to other office locations.
Email resume to: email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Company reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.