As a Dependency Case Manager (DCM) you’ll become a part of a strategic care team charged with overseeing the children in need, while addressing the factors that have put them at risk for out-of-home placement. Our end goal? To help create permanent, stable, and safe home environments for all of Florida’s kids.
SIGN ON BONUS of $3,000 for Certified DCMs are being offered! ($1,500 upon starting and $1,500 after successfully completing the 90-day new hire orientation period!**)
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit: https://careers-chsfl.icims.com/jobs/4157/certified-dependency-case-manager—sign-on-bonus%21/job
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- If you are not certified, please submit your online application as a DCM Trainee to enroll into our paid classroom certification training program by clicking here!
- Assess child and family needs to create referrals and linkages to services such as subsidy and medical coverage.
- Facilitate removal and placement of children into safe and stable care while also supporting the families and care givers during the process.
- Develop and maintain quality case and program written documentation that reflects client progress and also meets CHS, funders, and DCF requirements.
- Travel to conduct home visits to access children’s living environments and provide recommendations to their families and caregivers in a supportive manner.
- Testify at court by providing client case status reports and recommendations regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
- Build relationships with CHS team members and community partners in order to help facilitate discussions and meetings regarding case needs and recommendations.
- Provide on call support required as scheduled.
- Strong time management skills and the ability shift priorities to meet outcomes.
- Effective organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change.
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services-related field Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire Possess State of Florida Child Protection Certification Completion of the CHS Dependency Experience Waiver learning path unless the employee possesses one of the below preferred qualifications
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Two years of experience working with at risk children and families
**Please note that to be eligible for the sign-on bonus, you must be a Child Welfare-certified dependency case manager through the Florida Certification Board who is not a current employee of CHS, nor has been an employee in the last 180 days. Rehired employees are not eligible if they were last employed with CHS less than 180 days ago. A one year commitment is required as part of the sign-on bonus.
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children’s Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there – we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.