Kerigan Marketing Associates helps clients build loyal relationships with the right customers through big-brand experience and best-in-class digital capabilities. Recognized by Inc. Magazine among the top 5000 fastest growing companies of 2018, KMA is seeking the right Back-End Programmer to join our talented team.
You’ll report to our Creative Director and work with our front-end developer as well as with external relationships we’ve developed, including hosting providers and SEM partners.
Specific Traits and Skills Needed:
- A passion for customer-focused web development and problem solving.
- Work among a team environment that is fast-paced with multiple projects.
- Able to graciously accept constructive feedback.
- Solid understanding of PHP and MySQL.
- Comfortable using command line interfaces, git and SSH.
- Strong work practices, programming discipline and ability meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with a passion for excellence, self-motivated and organized.
- An interest in researching and implementing new trends and technologies.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop and maintain websites.
- Back-end website programming (CMS knowledge is a plus).
- Collaborate with front-end developers and graphic designers on user-facing elements.
- Web Application & API development / maintenance (PHP/Laravel/MySQL).
- Research KMA clients and prospect websites to scope programming time and partner with team to assemble proposals.
- Monitor Google Analytics and translate recommendations back to the KMA team to implement upgrades.
- Liaison with clients to lead website development projects and other digital programs working with KMA team as support.
- Assist clients with website support and questions.
- Positive – KMA is a Christian environment where we support each other thru a can-do attitude.
- Professional – KMA is a team of specialists hired by large companies with high expectations.
- Innovative – KMA team members proactively pursue best practices and share helpful procedures with each other.
- Fun! – we like company retreats and client outings, all with the end goal of growing together personally, professionally and creatively.
Requirements, Compensation, Benefits and Schedule
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development.
- Minimum 2 years full-time experience as a PHP programmer.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming in PHP.
- Salary is negotiable based on experience.
- Company paid Savings and Healthcare.
- Paid vacation- total of 7 days (56 hours) per year for year one of employment, 10 days (80 hours) per year for years 2-5 of employment, 15 days (120 hours) for Year 6-9 of employment, and 20 days (160 hours) for years 10+ of employment.
- Nine (9) paid company holidays including Christmas x2, Thanksgiving x2, Easter, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.
- Reimbursement of 58.5 cents per mile (adjusted annually to federal rate) for business miles driven in personal vehicle, such as to client appointments. Does not apply to commute to office.
- Company hours are Mon-Fri, 8a-5p Eastern Time. As salaried professionals overtime happens occasionally.
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com. Please include 2-3 links to recent work.