Unpaid College Internship/Field Work The Visitor’s Services Representative is responsible for providing information about Panama City to the general public through the Panama City Visitor’s Information Center, inquiry fulfillment, and other channels. The Intern reports directly to the Visitor’s Services Manager. The duration of the internship will be from January 2017 May 2017 and the selected intern must be available on weekends. General Scope of Duties:
• Responsible for providing information in a knowledgeable, courteous, and professional manner.
• Responsible for assisting Panama City Community Development Corporation staff members as assigned.
• Responsible for responding to Visitor Information Center inquires either by phone, email, Internet, or in person.
• Knowledgeable of the Panama City Community Development Corporation website, social media platforms and current social media campaigns.
• Responsible for compiling and mailing visitor information materials in response to generated / requested leads. • Keep visitor’s center organized and stocked with collateral
• Assist with quoting and inventory of brand merchandise
• Keep log of visitors for research purposes Other Duties: The Visitor Services Intern will perform other assignments as instructed by the Visitor’s Services Manager and or President/CEO. Qualifications & Skills:
• Must possess the ability to portray and project a professional image.
• Must possess the ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, and tact when representing the Panama City Community Development Corporation.
• Must possess the ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal means.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated attention to detail.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must possess above average to excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
• Must be enrolled in an accredited degree program in: marketing, communication or journalism
• Knowledge of Panama City amenities is a plus Please send resumes and cover letters to [email protected]
Starts On: March 29, 2017
Panama City Community Development Council
Panama City, FL 3240