The Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA) is inducting Gulf Coast State College’s Jason Hedden into its Hall of Fame on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Hedden will be recognized for his long-standing service to theatre and the arts. He has more than 23 years of professional experience, 14 of those spent at GCSC.
In 1998, Hedden graduated from Gulf Coast State College, and returned to teach in 2008. In the interim, he obtained his B.A. in Theatre Performance from the University of South Florida and his M.F.A in Acting from The Ohio State University.
During his tenure at GCSC, he has directed and produced dozens of college theatre productions that include three world premieres and one college premiere. He also served as Chair of the Visual and Performing Arts Division from 2015-2022 before transitioning into the role of Executive Director of Recruitment and Community Relations in 2022.
Hedden is a well-known and highly-regarded supporter of the arts, and volunteers much of his time to community organizations such as the Public Eye Soar and Emerald Coast Theatre Company. He is co-founder/producer of Panama City Comedy and co-founder and board president of Emerald Coast Theatre Company. He also serves on the Board of Directors for Girls, Inc. of Bay County.
Hedden is in high-demand for his services as an emcee, public speaker, and comedian in the Southeast. He is also a frequent opener for Grand Ole Opry member, Henry Cho.
He has been recognized over the years for his accomplishments in the arts, including
- 2022 GCSC Anne McCullen Outstanding Administrator Award
- 2017 GCSC President’s Award
- 2012 National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development Excellence Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014 GCSC Outstanding Professor Nominations
- 2011 GCSC Gay Straight Alliance Ally Award
- 2009, 2010 GCSC Rookie of the Year Nominations
Event Details for Media:
- Date: Friday, March 31, 2023
- Time: 7:30 pm CST
- Location: Gulf Coast State College, Amelia G. Tapper Center for the Arts