The Bay County Chamber of Commerce wants to provide you with as much information as we can regarding COVID-19. On this page you can find local and state government updates, business closures, resources and more. Check in periodically as information related to the Novel Coronavirus is subject to change.
- Safer At Home: Please click here for Governor DeSantis’s latest Executive Order 20-91 re: Safer At Home. This document link includes, Executive Order 20-91, Safer At Home; U.S. Department of Homeland Security Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers during COVID-19 (v.2, March 28, 2020) and Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 07-20. This order contains a list of essential businesses that may still operate.
- Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers: Florida is using The Department of Homeland Security’s list of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers. Click here to view the list, which includes a downloadable pdf at the bottom.
- Emergency Business Damage Assessment Survey: Governor DeSantis activated an Emergency Business Damage Assessment Survey for COVID-19. This survey can be taken online.
- FL Emergency Bridge Loan: Governor DeSantis activated an Emergency Bridge Loan Program for Small Businesses impacted by COVID-19. Small Business owners with 2-100 employees located in Florida affected by COVID-19 can apply for short term loans. For more information on the program, click here. For questions regarding the Emergency Bridge Loan Program, contact the Florida Small Business Development Center Network at (866) 737-7232 or email Disaster@FloridaSBDC.org.
- Northwest Florida SBDC Grant Program: Gulf Power, in partnership with the Florida SBDC at UWF, has created the Northwest Florida Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program. To see eligibility requirements and download an application, click here.
- Governor’s Media Advisories: If you are interested in receiving Gov. DeSantis’s media advisories and press releases, email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governor’s Executive Orders: Click here to view all 2020 Executive Orders.
- Paycheck Protection Program: Starting April 3, 2020, small businesses and sole proprietorships can apply. Starting April 10, 2020, independent contractors and self-employed individuals can apply. Visit https://home.treasury.gov/cares.
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program Overview
- PPP Information Sheet for Lenders
- PPP Information Sheet for Borrowers
- Application for Borrowers
- Click here for FAQ’s on Senator Rubio’s Paycheck Protection Program.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Guidance for Businesses: Click here for information on Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, Debt Relief and SBA Express Bridge Loans.
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers: Click here for the latest guidance for businesses to plan, prepare and respond to COVID-19.
- As of March 20, 2020, the Bay County Board of Commissioners unanimously voted to close ALL Bay County Beaches. They plan to revisit the ordinance again in one week.
- As of March 26, 2020, the City of Panama City Beach City Council voted to extend the closure of Sandy Beach until noon on Friday, April 10, 2020.
- As of March 31, 2020, Mexico Beach city officials have closed their 3 1/2 mile stretch of beach for two weeks.
Bay County Municipalities:
To find out more information on how your municipality is operating business during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit their website or Facebook page.